Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hey, Y'all! Welcome to my blog!




Hi!  I'm so glad you're here!  My name is Kimberly; and I'm just a simple girl from New Jersey who has been on an anything-but-simple life-journey; but truly, I really do love, crave, and appreciate the simple life.  I am a single mom to the most wonderful little girl, and I am a brain injury survivor.

In the past, our lives had been turned upside down, stirred, shaken, and shattered; but our cup overflowed with God's grace, and He gave us an amazing story to tell along the way! 

Today, I am a motivational speaker, and share my story with audiences all over the country (www.SpeakerKimberlyCarnevale.com). I'm also an advocate for brain injury awareness/prevention and speak about this subject that is so close to my heart (www.TheButterflyExpress.com).  



My daughter, dogs, and I were forced to leave our home state of New Jersey after a home invasion and brutal attack left us homeless, traumatized, and in desperate need of space to lick our wounds.  After living in the GREAT city of Nashville for a time, and a long, cross-country journey for brain injury awareness; we found ourselves in Colorado, and currently reside here in the foothills of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. We've done a lot of hurting, a lot of soul-searching, and a lot of healing; and we experienced God's grace through it all.

My favorite things in life have always been the simplest ones.  Nearly losing my life and being homeless for an extended amount of time has brought home very important life lessons to my little girl and I. We put stock in the things that really matter in life; and we know for a fact, after being on both ends of the financial spectrum, that "things" don't really matter at all. ;-)  

We're all about cowgirl boots, faded jeans, country music and the Great Outdoors! Our favorite place to be is outside with our animal friends! Being out in nature gets us up close and personal with God, and is a basic necessity for a happy life for me and my little girl.  Hanging out with our animals is not only enjoyable; but has been life-saving therapy for both of us. We love the country life and embrace it fully here in Colorado. 


 


I've blogged for sometime now... about brain injury, and our awareness tours.  Recently, I've been blessed to be able to take part in brain injury rehabilitation and utilize therapies that were not available 14 years ago when I suffered my brain injury.  The therapy promises to help me out in life with the things I struggle most with (cognitive impairment), but it really knocked me for a loop and exhausted me!  I found myself  craving a creative outlet for my writing that was fun, and had lots of helpful tips, funny stories about life in the country, life in general, animals, food, family and...oh, did I mention, FUN!?  I wanted a light-hearted blog that reflected all the things I love; and so, here we are at this Jersey Girl's Kountry Korner! ;-)

I plan to blog about the things that have, and continue to inspire me---from New Jersey to Colorado, funny stories, life on the farm, animals, positive stories from others, recipes, God's grace, family life, organization tips, decorating, crafts; and pretty much anything that tickles my fancy...and anything that tickles yours! ;-)  I welcome all feedback, ideas, requests and guest bloggers; so send me your tips, recipes, comments and ideas via the comment section or email!  

 I look forward to getting to know y'all, and hope you enjoy getting to know us, and all the crazy characters that make up our crazy, country life! I hope you continue on this new journey with me, and come sit a spell with us in this Jersey Girl's Kountry Korner!

~Kimberly






No comments: